Friday 30 March 2012

Crackenback Trip - Day 7

Day 7 – 30/3/2012 - Wedding Day

The girls had to be down at Jindabyne by 9am to get their hair and makeup done, so they were up and going pretty early. To keep the boys occupied Ian had arranged for the boys to meet up for brunch at the Jindabyne Old Town Centre.

The weather was fantastic so we found a cafe with outside seating and all had a great feed and followed it with a walk along the lake's edge to wear off the breakfast and kill a bit of time. It was amazing to see how far up the water had come due to all of the rain that the area had received over the previous months.

Ian didn't return to the house instead he went back to the Crackenback Farm to get ready and to let Lisa get ready in the house.

The Bride

The Groom
At around 2pm we started to ferry Allan, Evelyn & Haydey to the Farm ready for the ceremony. Then we took a few photos of Lisa in her dress and then we headed to the Farm too to wait for Lisa's arrival. The weather couldn't have been better – it was sunny and was actually quite hot, much to everyone's surprise. Most people were expecting cold weather – not expecting to have to worry about sunburn!

The ceremony itself went off beautifully – the celebrant did a great job and there were a few tears shed by many as Lisa and Ian read out their vows. Once the ceremony was over and the signing of the register done, we gathered together for a group photo where we all let go of our balloons that we had been given. The balloons were meant to symbolise all our best wishes for Lisa and Ian in their married lives – it was a great idea and made for a great photo too.

And then it was time to get the party started!!!

The reception was held in the Farm Restaurant. Pre dinner drinks and hors d'oeuvres was held on the back deck due to the weather being so kind.

The Deck
It was a really intimate dinner with only 3 tables of 8 adults, plus a small table for the kids. The setting was just perfect for the rustic Farm feel. The owners of the Farm did all the cooking for the reception and the food was absolutely delicious. The slow cooked lamb on a bed of mashed potato went down a treat, and that was followed by a delicious home-made baked custard with berries.

The restaurant also contained a full sized billards table where a number of pool sharks circled.

Allan the Pool Shark!
The party went on untill about midnight, at which time most people headed to bed after a very big day for all.

The party was bigger for some more than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment